[e2e] UDP Performance problem

sahans at cse.mrt.ac.lk sahans at cse.mrt.ac.lk
Thu Feb 10 07:22:54 PST 2005

> TCP should be able to do that without difficulty.  Why use UDP???
Final implementation will be multicast based one. We have higher data rates
(transefer rate * no. of hosts) that point-to-point cannot achive even in
10Gbps infiniband.

For the second issue .. I am just sending udp datagrams and and just increment a
counter at the clientside on the recipt of data. I am not sure about the other
parameters ..  but I am having doubts about 10ms Linux timeslice ...

Sahan