[e2e] TCP Local Area Normal behaviour? any references?

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Fri Jan 21 08:28:17 PST 2005

Jon - not meaning to distract from your main goal, I find I am very
interested in some of this stuff for research purposes, not just teaching.

Proxicommunications (is to LAN as telecommunications is to WAN) has
always been a poor stepchild in many communications theory and algorithm
thinking, but its importance seems to be growing faster than the
importance of telecommunications.

So additional research on behavior of traffic that involves a mix of
proxi- and tele- traffic over LANs is probably well worth carrying out.