[e2e] a new IRTF group on Transport Models

Joseph Ishac jishac at grc.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 7 09:48:53 PDT 2005

So, I'm a bit curious about the timidness to continue sending at a high
rate when faced with a large amount of corruption.  If you are indeed
not experiencing congestion, then why slow down?  If you assume that
corruption is mostly non-deterministic then slowing down wouldn't really
help.  So is it just fear that the signal is incorrect, and that you may
be improperly reacting to what may be really congestion?  If that were
the case, then it's really the ambiguity/reliability of the signal
that's of concern.  (are there others?)

-Joseph