[e2e] Skype and congestion collapse.

Jon Crowcroft Jon.Crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 4 06:51:12 PST 2005

it was an ALLUSION, and it wasnt erudite gosh, i thought that was obvious

of course, I am very rarely original, but also rarely wrong (i could go
on, but that would be another allusion).

btw, faking or spotting allusions Gibson isn't erudite - its like spotting
the unoriginal bits in hitchikers guide to the galaxy

here's your starter for 10: who really wrote Venus on the Half Shell,
and what is the nom de plume a gag about, and dont get me started on
the number of sheckley stories that are also lifeted (but made funnier
therein)?

if you can't be funny, can't dance, and are not food, you know where you
can go.
[another allusion...]

meanwhile, hold the conversation, i have a call on the other skype
line...

In missive <Pine.GSO.4.50.0503041437530.9078-100000 at argos.ee.surrey.ac.uk>, Lloyd
 Wood typed:

 >>On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Jon Crowcroft wrote:
 >>
 >>> (I am tempted to say that the internet is in fact a shared illusion
 >>
 >>Cyberspace. A consensual hallucination experienced daily by billions
 >>of legitimate operators, in every nation, by children being taught
 >>mathematical concepts... A graphic representation of data abstracted
 >>from the banks of every computer in the human system. Unthinkable
 >>complexity. - William Gibson, _Neuromancer_.
 >>
 >>L.
 >>
 >>if you can't be original, be erudite.
 >>
 >>> caused by a deficit of information, and that in reality, all those
 >>> pixels lighting up on the screen in front of You<---->Right Now,
 >>> are just fragements of a dream.)
 >>
 >><http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood at eim.surrey.ac.uk>

 cheers