[e2e] Skype and congestion collapse.

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Mar 5 14:47:38 PST 2005

> It does not seem bogus to me, since often more than 100 active
> users are sharing a 1.5 Mbps upstream channel; reasonable people
> might have a range of differing views on this topic.

indeed.  from japan, where unrestricted 100mb to the home or
office is U$D20-40 per month, things look a bit differently.
though end-users are still inbound biased, there is a variety
of services being offered from the edge, and the domestic
distribution is geographically wide.  cho et alia have a good
measurement paper in press which offers a serious look at the
results from the view of the networks of the significant isps.

randy