[e2e] TFRC vs UDP

Phelan, Tom tphelan at sonusnet.com
Thu Mar 31 10:03:12 PST 2005

Hi Syed,

DCCP includes TFRC as one of its congestion control algorithms, and there has been quite a bit of discussion in the group of the impact of TFRC on streaming media applications.  The DCCP User Guide contains an extensive discussion of the issue.  Unfortunately, it's timed out of the drafts archive as we work out the future course of the guide, but it's available at http://www.phelan-4.com/dccp/draft-ietf-dccp-user-guide-02.txt.

Tom Phelan