[e2e] Google Web Accelerator ....

Amr A. Awadallah aaa at cs.stanford.edu
Wed May 4 18:54:17 PDT 2005

Very interested to hear what folks think about this product from Google.
As the network becomes faster, and most web servers support compression,
is there still value in doing this ? I mean, there is Akamai for
embedded objects, etc, but do we need it for the html pages too ?

http://webaccelerator.google.com/
http://webaccelerator.google.com/support.html

Google Web Accelerator uses various strategies to make your web pages
load faster, including:

Sending your page requests through Google machines dedicated to handling
Google Web Accelerator traffic.

Storing copies of frequently looked at pages to make them quickly
accessible.

Downloading only the updates if a web page has changed slightly since
you last viewed it.

Prefetching certain pages onto your computer in advance.

Managing your Internet connection to reduce delays.

Compressing data before sending it to your computer.