[e2e] Google Web Accelerator ....

alok alokdube at hotpop.com
Thu May 5 03:59:27 PDT 2005

Hi,

Even Credit card companies do that, they keep track of where one spends
and then send in their advertisements accordingly.

My question is more of "how do they track the user"? I can understand if
the user has some unique identifier, but I think it work via things like
messaging software too, even if I untick the preference when I download
the software.

Would the not amount to a greater flaw, the fact that someone gives you
a software without saying "this could be used to track your activities"?
Does any software today write that?

And even if they do, most users dont get around to reading it as it pops
up on the worst formatted page on the whole download cycle and the
default the options will always say "yes send me everything"

And ofcourse it always works the reverse when it actually should be used:
example: M$'s default of 'this software has crashed'
 "send" "dont send" and highlight "dont send" ;)

-thanks