[e2e] SEuCN

Jon Crowcroft Jon.Crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 7 14:28:03 PST 2005

well good question -  gosh - perhaps routers can keep a per source prefix state saying what the ttl was, then use
that as a "pretty good guess" as to the index to the bit position to set...for example....

lots of other soft state techniques suggest themselves...

so why is this less good than ECN? seems like its moreinfo -

what to do with it? well
	multiple bottlenecks
	remocing ambiguity of loss versus ecn
lots of things really -

miht be _really_ useful, for example, in a on demand MANET multihop route over wireless

for example

what do we gain in transport if we know how many and which hops are probably not congested AND didnt exaperience
loss, on a per packet bassis?

dunno - seems like information is better than no information tho:)

like XCP--

In missive <436FBEEA.8080608 at bell-labs.com>, Ivica Rimac typed: