[e2e] admission control vs congestion control

jjackson@billyjoe.canc.com jjackson at billyjoe.canc.com
Tue Apr 18 15:20:31 PDT 2006

I'm probably stating the obvious, but from a service provider perspective it is much easier to keep throwing bandwidth at the problem. In my experience, the only use of MPLS-TE is MPLS-FRR using loose paths and DiffServ in the forwarding plane. There are now some IETF drafts for IP-FRR w/o MPLS.

James