[e2e] admission control vs congestion control

Dah Ming Chiu dmchiu at ie.cuhk.edu.hk
Wed Apr 19 18:51:34 PDT 2006

You can think of both congestion control and admission control as
traffic controls used to allocate resources to flows.  Furthermore,
these traffic controls may need to co-exist in the same network,
allocating the same set of resources together somehow.

Maybe if you pre-supposed that these two mechanisms are to
deal with separate pools of resources, then they would not be
related.

Regards
Dah Ming