[e2e] Internet Packet Loss Measurements?

Jasleen Kaur jasleen at cs.unc.edu
Thu Aug 10 09:47:36 PDT 2006

Christian,

We have recently developed a passive-analysis tool for estimating TCP
losses reliably. We've used this tool to study the traces of millions of
recent TCP connections. Some of our observations have been published in
the July issue of CCR. You can access the paper at:

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~jasleen/papers/ccr06.pdf

This paper can provide loss-rates only within "aggregates" of
connections. We have much more data than is presented here. Please let
us know if you have a specific need.

Thanks,
Jasleen