[e2e] Internet Packet Loss Measurements?

Jasleen Kaur jasleen at cs.unc.edu
Fri Aug 11 10:07:58 PDT 2006

Roman and Christian,

The tool I mentioned earlier (full citation provided below) is similar
in objective to the paper you mention below. It, however, incorporates
substantially more details --- it partially emulates the sender-side TCP
state-machine for 5 prominent TCP stacks (and we show that it is crucial
to incorporate the details and stack diversity). The level-of-detail of
our analysis enables us to identify and classify segment retransmissions
with more accuracy and granularity than past work.

S. Rewaskar, J. Kaur, and F.D. Smith, "A Passive State-Machine Approach
for Accurate Analysis of TCP Out-of-Sequence Segments", in ACM Computer
Communications Review, July 2006.
 http://www.cs.unc.edu/~jasleen/papers/ccr06.pdf

Hope you find the tool useful. We would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Jasleen