[e2e] Distribution of mean end-to-end delay!

rhee@ncsu.edu rhee at ncsu.edu
Fri Aug 11 13:44:58 PDT 2006

The following paper has some discussion on the measured distribution of
network delays in the Internet.

Jay Aikat, Jasleen Kaur, F. Donelson Smith, and Kevin Jeffay, ?Variability
in TCP Roundtrip Times?, ACM IMC 2003.

In our simulation work, we typically use a lognormal distribution within a
range of [1ms, 350ms].