[e2e] 100% NAT - a DoS proof internet

Jon Crowcroft Jon.Crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 15:04:51 PST 2006

fine - continuing
a) to be irrelevent to an operational definition of the internet
b) to be fail to be a useful way to figure out how to evovle

but terribly useful no doubt for homeland security
and politically (i.e. e2e) correct.

commercially and intellectually, a dead end.

a cartoon in iran

In missive <43FCAEB3.2080503 at isi.edu>, Joe Touch typed:

 >>> By "the Internet" here, you mean "the part of the Internet that
 >>> doesn't sit behind NATs", right?
 >>
 >>The "Internet" means, IMO, the part of the network that follows Internet
 >>rules, which mean:
 >>
 >>- globally-routable addresses
 >>- hop-by-hop forwarding using local rules
 >>
 >>The part behind NATs are serviced by a proxy (the NAT box) with data
 >>communications capabilities, but it's definitely NOT the Internet back
 >>there.
 >>
 >>Joe

 cheers

   jon