[e2e] end2end-interest Digest, Vol 27, Issue 4

Arjuna Sathiaseelan arjuna.sathiaseelan at gmail.com
Thu May 11 13:00:53 PDT 2006

Ok so how I see this is in 2 scenarios:

Say the no of packets ur sending i.e 10 in ur case could be either a set of
10 packets in the middle of a connection or the last set of packets in a
connection. If its in the middle of a connection and if the last 4 packets
have been lost as u say, the previous 6 packets would have triggered the
sender to send few more packets (depending on whether its in slow start or
congestion avoidance), thus the flight size would not be 4 as u claim - but
would be more than that. If its the latter case where the set of packets
were last in the connection, then if these 4 packets were lost - then they
would be recovered only by a retransmission timeout.

-Arjuna