[e2e] application layer -SCTP!!!!

Randall Stewart randall at lakerest.net
Thu May 11 12:52:38 PDT 2006

Srinivas:

Well.. I can't speak for the Linux and u-Space stack's.. so
I don't know the details.. but the FreeBSD-SCTP stack does
support three different models of partial-reliability.

1) Time based, when you send data you specify howmany milliseconds
    the data is good for.

2) Buffer bounded, when you send data you specify the maximum buffer
    size (of your sendbuf) you wish to consume, when you reach that
    max other sends that were sent buffer bounded may get "skipped" to
    free up space...

3) Retransmission based, where you specify the maximum number of
    retransmissions you want made.. so for example if you specify
    0, you get one and only one transmission and then the data
    is skipped (if a retran was required).

If you want to get FreeBSD and play with it contact me offline and I
can give you pointers on what options you need on the send calls..

--
Randall Stewart
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222(cell)