[e2e] Simulator for wireless network

Glenn Judd glennj+ at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Apr 20 09:59:12 PDT 2007

We have been developing an approach that compliments the previously
discussed options of simulation and experimentation: physical layer
wireless emulation. This approach uses real devices/radios/apps; thus
everything on the device is real from the APP<->PHY layers. We emulate
the one thing that makes actual experimentation difficult: signal
propagation. This eliminates the key problems of experimentation such as
the lack of repeatability due to lack of control of the physical
environment, and the cumbersome task of controlling (possibly mobile)
devices distributed in physical space. A high-level description of this
project can be found at: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~prs/emulator/

We are in the process of making this platform available for use by
researchers. Anyone interested please contact me, and I can give details
of current functionality and availability.

Glenn
glennj at cs.cmu.edu