[e2e] opening multiple TCP connections getting popular

rick jones perfgeek at mac.com
Fri Aug 31 08:07:06 PDT 2007

On Aug 31, 2007, at 5:33 AM, David P. Reed wrote:

> It's fascinating to me that Window Scaling (an end-to-end option)
> would be screwed by bugs in *routers*.

If my experience interacting with end users in netnews is
representative, these "routers" are likely as not the
NAT/firewall/switch boxes like the one sitting between me and my DSL
line at the moment.  They get branded with the term "router" all the
time.

Of course that is just speculation on my part; email to the
presentation authors (found on slide 1) would probably be a good way to
find-out for certain.  It would also be a good way to find-out if the
bugs found were reported to their respective vendors.

rick jones
Wisdom teeth are impacted, people are affected by the effects of events