[e2e] s/Re: Are we doing sliding window in the Internet?/systems

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Jan 10 07:36:31 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 14:01 +0000, Jon Crowcroft wrote:

> by the way, do you take the laptops back when they rich 18 (or 16, or 21, or
> whatever the gnu age of majority is :-)

Nope.  The going in premise of the project is that the computers are
owned by the individual kids; this is for many reasons, including they
get taken care of much better if they are individual property rather
than communally shared property.  And the children are part of a family.
Learning does not stop at age 16, or 18, or 21 (with the exception of
certain individuals I've known ;-)).
                               - Jim

--
Jim Gettys