[e2e] A simple scenario. (Basically the reason for the sliding window thread ; -))

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Tue Jan 23 09:13:39 PST 2007

This is a very strange debate.   One can (of course) develop an
idiosyncratic protocol that works in just this case better than any
other protocol.   The situation is not "broken" - just highly specific,
the kind of thing that one encounters as a result of historical
accidents, and most of the Internet infrastructure is full of historical
accidents.

So are we accomplishing anything with this discussion?

I assert that all concerned are quite intelligent people.  So if the
debate is just to measure your intellectual manhood against each other,
perhaps a contest like "American Idol" would be a better place than here?