[e2e] A simple scenario. (Basically the reason for the sliding window thread ; -))

Joe Touch touch at ISI.EDU
Tue Jan 23 10:36:35 PST 2007

FWIW...

David P. Reed wrote:
> This is a very strange debate.   One can (of course) develop an
> idiosyncratic protocol that works in just this case better than any
> other protocol.   The situation is not "broken" - just highly specific,
> the kind of thing that one encounters as a result of historical
> accidents, and most of the Internet infrastructure is full of historical
> accidents.

The key question IMO is whether this is a useful component of the
architecture or whether it is support for legacy systems. The latter
need not be something we propagate.

> So are we accomplishing anything with this discussion?

I thought we were deciding whether this accident was useful in general
or just for legacy. D. Borman and I have taken the rest of the
discussion off-line, though.

Joe

Joe Touch
Sr. Network Engineer, USAF TSAT Space Segment