[e2e] Packet dropping

Roman Pletka roman at pletka.ch
Wed May 2 12:58:25 PDT 2007

Hi Khaled,

I did some research on the impact of dropping packets from the front of a queue
that might be of interest for you. It was related to the approximative longest
queue drop algorithm and shows how packet drops from the front of a queue can
help TCP to maintain a certain bandwidth share in presence of a non-responsive
source. Have a look at section 3 in the report:

http://ecwww.eurecom.fr/~pletka/publications/report-pletka-99.pdf

Best regards,
Roman