[e2e] ACM NOSSDAV 2007 (June 4-5, U. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)

Dongyan Xu dxu at cs.purdue.edu
Wed May 2 12:25:06 PDT 2007

Dear Colleague:

I'd like to bring to your attention the upcoming NOSSDAV 2007 Workshop
at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

My sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this information.

Regards,
Dongyan Xu
Publicity Co-Chair
ACM NOSSDAV 2007

8-<---------------------------------------------------------------------

                      CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
    The 17th International Workshop on Network and Operating
   Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 2007)
                    Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA
                         June 4-5, 2007
                     Sponsored by ACM SIGMM
                  http://www.nossdav.org/2007
          Early registration deadline: May 14, 2007
The 17th NOSSDAV will be held in June 2007 at the University of Illinois
at Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA.  We invite you to attend this workshop that
is known as an event where new and controversial ideas are presented and
receive strong feedback. At NOSSDAV, seasoned researchers meet students
for lively discussions.  The workshop provides a time and venue to inspire
discussion among its participants.  NOSSDAV fosters cutting-edge,
state-of-the-art research in multimedia and newly emerging areas. From its
original focus on support for audio and video, the scope of NOSSDAV has
broadened to include networked games, sensor networks, multimedia
interfaces, and peer-to-peer networking.  At this year's NOSSDAV,
Professor Ralf Steimetz presents us with a new challenge in this keynote
speech "QoS in Wireless Mesh Networks: A Challenging Endeavor", and
industry meets academia in a panel discussion on "Large Scale Peer-to-Peer
Streaming & IPTV Technologies". 18 presenters from 9 countries will
present their exciting research on new forms of streaming, gaming, coding,
IPTV, measurement, mobility, and middleware, and they expect your feedback
and challenges.

You can find the detailed program at

     http://www.nossdav.org/2007/program.html

If you have any questions, please get in touch with the co-chairs:
   Reza Rejaie (University of Oregon)
   Klara Nahrstedt (UIUC)