[e2e] It's all my fault

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Tue May 15 07:20:48 PDT 2007

If your view is that the Internet is designed to make 10G adapters run
fast, or that IP headers should be used within AS's as native
fiber-switch routing data instead of wrapping them with layer 2 headers
as any sensible designer would, you would be right.

God did not say that IP was the layer 2 routing protocol.   In fact, the
Internet was designed to join *heterogeneous* networks at layer 3.
Lunatic microoptimizers have decided that they ought to try to eliminate
diversity and heterogeneity in the Internet.   They somehow think that
God anointed the backbone to be in charge of the proper behavior of
their users.   So ATT, so 1920's.