[e2e] It's all my fault

rick jones perfgeek at mac.com
Thu May 17 19:42:32 PDT 2007

> I'm advocating very loose source routing here.  The key to this is
> diversity.  That diversity can come from knowing one host on each of
> several nearby ISPs, to "force" your traffic onto that AS.

Another naive question from the peanut gallery - can one actually do
loose source routing with _hosts_  as the IPs in the list rather than
routers?  Or perhaps I should say with "customer hosts?"  I ask because
elsewhere it is suggested (as a BCP I think) that ISP's should
filter-out IP datagrams coming from (customer) hosts attached to their
networks which have as their source IP an IP that isn't part of the
ISP's network.  This to deal with source IP address spoofing...

rick jones
Wisdom teeth are impacted, people are affected by the effects of events