[e2e] Are we doing sliding window in the Internet?

Joe Touch touch at ISI.EDU
Fri Jan 4 14:10:06 PST 2008

David P. Reed wrote:
> CUBIC is enabled in Fedora 8.   However Fedora 8 is an experimental
> distribution, at least it is not viewed as "supported" by RedHat or any
> other vendor.
>
> Has the IETF become the protocol police?

The IETF has not; members of the IETF have taken the task on, though.

> I am not sure that gives it the standing to bar use of "experimental"
> software on the public Internet.

It's not a matter of barring it per se; it's a matter of not enabling
something by default that isn't explicitly intended to be an experiment.

Joe