[e2e] Are we doing sliding window in the Internet?

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Fri Jan 4 12:27:30 PST 2008

CUBIC is enabled in Fedora 8.   However Fedora 8 is an experimental
distribution, at least it is not viewed as "supported" by RedHat or any
other vendor.

Has the IETF become the protocol police?

I do recall suggesting that the non-standard protocol called NAT was
shipped by commercial companies like Microsoft and some "home router"
hardware vendors while I was personally screaming and yelling about its
non-standards track status.  And those companies had the balls to say
that because there was an RFC, it was a "standard" in their advertising.

IETF refused to get its lawyers to sue the vendors who claimed the *lie*
that NAT was a standard.

I am not sure that gives it the standing to bar use of "experimental"
software on the public Internet.