[e2e] end of interest

L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk L.Wood at surrey.ac.uk
Sat May 10 02:33:57 PDT 2008

Rajesh,

The DTN Bundle Protocol uses an obscure binary format for its
metadata blocks. If you want flexible user-definable metadata,
it really has to be text. For this reason, we proposed using HTTP
as a transport-layer-independent session layer for DTN networks:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wood-dtnrg-http-dtn-delivery-01
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/slides/DTNRG-6.pdf

Getting content identification via MIME (which the Bundle Protocol
doesn't do) is a bonus. Gopher is an example of a binary format
that didn't succeed against HTTP.

L.

just another of those PhD-toting technicians.

DTN work: http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/dtn/

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood at surrey.ac.uk>