[e2e] end of interest

George Michaelson ggm at apnic.net
Wed May 14 18:47:14 PDT 2008

you would perhaps draw the line at the link layer, right?

I mean, if I am on a local PPP over serial, and you are on optical
FTTH, there is an element of difference over what we do to establish a
local binding, and the choice of encoding that relates to that
binding, and things which relate directly to meaningful events against
each other... -I could even argue that if I do credentials
presentation during a G3 binding on my phone and that uses IP in some
wierd way, or god forbid MPLS, that its still notionally within link
views, and not e2e meaningful.

so in all this conversatzione about layers vs modules and models vs
architectural reality, there is a slightly more 'concrete' aspect to
the fuzz for these two..

(currently using some variant of manchester encoding on copper,
although I'm blowed if I know
  which one it is...)

-george