[e2e] a means to an end

grenville armitage garmitage at swin.edu.au
Thu Nov 6 15:02:39 PST 2008

David P. Reed wrote:
	[..]
> Information is not bound to place, nor is there a
> primary instance.  Information is place-free, and perhaps the idea that
> there must be a "place" where it "is" is an idea whose time should pass,

I wonder if "Information" should be considered to have a "when" it is,
not just "what" it is. And the "when" could be measured relative to
my current location. So it does seem potentially relevant to know
some sort of indication of "where" insofar as "where" can be mapped
to "how long might it minimally me take to retrieve the information
that is".

cheers,
gja