[e2e] a means to an end

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Nov 9 17:05:26 PST 2008

    > From: "David P. Reed" <dpreed at reed.com>

    > I'm completely confused by the suggestions from ... Noel that .. MPLS
    > are somehow competing with the current IP routing system.
    > None of those are end-to-end solutions ...

I didn't say it was. I was merely providing it as a concrete *example* of an
architectural approach to packet forwarding which can support a number of
different forwarding models.

And you never answered my question about whether in speaking of "'routing' layers"
you meant "'forwarding of user traffic', or 'selection of paths'" - or both.

	Noel