[e2e] Updated mailman filter rules now in place

Joe Touch touch at ISI.EDU
Sun Feb 15 12:35:37 PST 2009

Hi, all,

The mailman filter rules on this list have been updated.

In the past, some members' posts were "held for approval" because their
headers matched a filter rule, even though similar posts from others
went directly to the list un-moderated. That happened because of a
interaction between some optional email headers and mailman's
python-based filter regular expressions, which have been updated to
avoid the problem.

Note that the filters still trigger moderation for the following reasons:

- posts of moderated material (CFPs, book and software announcements)

- posts of prohibited material (job posts, spam, non-text posts)

- posts with too many recipients (direct or cc'd)

If you have had posts held for unknown reasons in the past, please send
a short test post to the list and verify that the current system works.
If you continue to have problems, please let me know.

Many thanks to Fred Baker for helping debug this issue with me.

Joe (your list admin)