[e2e] TCP Loss Differentiation

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Mon Feb 23 09:01:03 PST 2009

Broken middleboxes need to be shamed and blamed.  Can't get there if you
don't decide to move firmly in a good direction.

Is the Internet ecology so broken that good things that are pretty
simple just cannot be deployed at all?  What does that imply for any
hope at all for a "clean slate" other than omphalocentric research by
hypercautious academics who will never have an impact (other than
sucking money from NSF and DARPA)?  :-)