[e2e] TCP Loss Differentiation

L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk L.Wood at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 05:31:37 PST 2009

Fred,

Actually, it should be possible to combine existing per-flow
statistics (e.g. Netflow) with the kind of existing radio-aware
statistics generated by e.g. RFC4938 (also implemented by Cisco),
to give a good idea of when loss on a (noisy radio) channel is
correlated to packet loss, and isn't congestion.

A complete history isn't needed. The last couple of hundred
ms should do it. All that's being done is combining observations
about the channel, and about the packets flowing through the link,
available in existing code.

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood at surrey.ac.uk>