[e2e] draft-d-sec-udt-00.txt

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Thu Oct 15 13:05:04 PDT 2009

I am writing this with my Independent Stream Editor hat on.

The draft "Security Requirements for UDT" has been submitted. It is
deeply confused as a document, but it is building on apparently
legitimate (if not necessary worthy) academic publications on a reliable
transport protocol to run over UDP, called UDT.  UDT seems to have its
own congestion control algorithm.

If there is someone on this list who is feeling particularly jagged
today and would like to write a short review of this document, it would
be a help. I am always nagged by the fear that there is really something
hidden beneath the confusion that deserves to be teased out, and in any
case authors deserve good reasons for rejecting their work.

Any takers? BTW, the document is ~ 6 pages.

Bob Braden