[e2e] Delivery Times .... was Re: Bandwidth, was: Re: Free Internet & IPv6

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Sun Dec 30 14:53:04 PST 2012

Am 30.12.2012 20:05, schrieb dpreed at reed.com:

> I would have loved to disclose what was causing the ATT 4 second
> latency in detail.  However, proprietary embarassment at having
> deployed a system that was behaving like crap throughout the world
> made it impossible.   I would have been embarassed to be chief of
> network operations or chief of contracting for ATT, and ATT preferred
> not to tell me anything other than that "they had confirmed my
> observations" after a period where they believed I was somehow not
> measuring the right thing.

I do not doubt this observation. Why should I?

However, it would be helpful to have more details here. If we don't have
them, we can't help it, we have to come along with this situation.

And perhaps, there is a way for doing so.

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                            mobile: +49 172 6819937
                                            skype:     detlef.bosau
                                            ICQ:          566129673
The nonsense that passes for knowledge around wireless networking,
even taught by "professors of networking" is appalling.  It's the
blind leading the blind. (D.P. Reed, 2012/12/25)