[e2e] [Iccrg] Re: Reasons not to deply TCP BIC/Cubic

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Fri Feb 3 11:22:27 PST 2012

On 02/03/2012 07:24 PM, Dave Hart wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:12, Detlef Bosau<detlef.bosau at web.de>  wrote:
>> Do you happen to have a paper on Compound? Up to now, I only know Compound
>> als "M$ rocket science" - and hardly anyone knows the details.
> Using "M$" to refer to Microsoft says more about you than it does
> about Microsoft, and it's not flattering.  Let me google that for you:

Surely.

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sridharan-tcpm-ctcp-02 (expired)
> http://research.microsoft.com/apps/pubs/default.aspx?id=70189

Thanks.

> If you can't manage to pierce that nonexistent veil of secrecy, it's
> only because of your own bias, not for lack of public information.

It might be very personal experience. But my professional experience
with Microsoft (and business environment) during the last two decades
was "somewhat special" on some occasions. Frankly spoken: My impression
is that the first interest of Microsoft is commercial success. And
academic research is, if at all, a means to this end.

May be, this is a very personal experience. However, my personal
interest is research. To make a living is a necessary evil.

 From my experience, for commercial business, the priority is simply the
other way round.

Detlef
> Cheers,