[e2e] [Iccrg] Re: Reasons not to deply TCP BIC/Cubic

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Sat Feb 4 05:35:19 PST 2012

On 02/04/2012 03:58 AM, Lachlan Andrew wrote:

>> However, it clearly exhibits, which mathematical effort must be done to
>> apply control theory to our problem. And perhaps, the message of this
>> footnote is nothing else then "with sufficient effort, it can be shown that
>> at least VJCC and the well known control theory do not contradict."
> That passage is justifying using window-based rate control.
Only very short, my fridge is empty ;-)

I just talked to Michael Welzl (bcc:) about this passage some months
ago. And I think, we shared the view that the remark on Lyapunov
functions (I cannot even spell this....) are an argument for the
stability of the control system.

VJCC is a pure window based control. Only window based. Nothing said
about rates. And I'm extremely careful to make a clear difference
between both.

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                            mobile: +49 172 6819937