[e2e] Free Internet & IPv6

Neil Davies neil.davies at pnsol.com
Wed Sep 19 00:48:41 PDT 2012

Arjuna

Interesting read.

As someone who has trailed several of those approaches in real life (sharing with ad-hoc wireless, access to "scavenger" traffic etc) and runs a not-for-profit local community internet where I live - I applaud the sentiment.

However, and there is always a gotcha, they don't really work or scale - mainly because of the human element, and the nature of opportunity cost….

I won't bore the rest of the list, but get in touch directly if you want to discuss more.

Cheers

Neil