[e2e] Free Internet & IPv6

Arjuna Sathiaseelan arjuna.sathiaseelan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:52:59 PDT 2012

Ofcourse if you werent rate limited.

regardd
arjuna
On Sep 20, 2012 4:24 PM, <dpreed at reed.com> wrote:

> Bandwidth (actually bitrate - bandwidth is a "classic error" too, as us
radio guys continue to grit our teeth at the confusion...) is useless
without adequately quick latency.

> Hence, it is unused so that low latency can be present when it is
(suddenly and unpredictably) needed.

> When someone talks about "filling up bandwidth" - the only image that
pops into mind is a completely clogged city road system (LA freeways during
rush hour).  Full utilization of pavement - must be the best of all
possible worlds!

Crowcroft" <jon.crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk>, "<end2end-interest at postel.org>" <
end2end-interest at postel.org>
> Subject: Re: [e2e] Free Internet & IPv6
>
> So those who purchase blocks of bandwidth may give N-P to the community
if they choose?

> Hmmm, that is probably okay, but, N changes over time (diurnal cycle,
etc.). When my N increases to near P then the community must drop off the
link because the paying users are using it.

<arjuna.sathiaseelan at gmail.com>, "<end2end-interest at postel.org>" <