[e2e] Free Internet & IPv6

Arjuna Sathiaseelan arjuna.sathiaseelan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 21:12:56 PDT 2012

Dear Prof Reed,
   First of all - I need to thank you for taking your  time for
responding to this thread. Thanks

When I meant rate-limiting - I meant that if access points are only
allowed to support say x%of the unused capacity available (FON does
similar - it allows only upto 512Kbps) -- but at Less-than-Best-Effort
 to access only essential sites - no youtube/facebook - but national
health service, government forms, wikipedia etc and probably support
vital sensor/video data transmission with several offloading/onloading
methods..When the paid user comes online and starts using all his
capacity, then ofcourse the free user does'nt get anything until he
finds another access point to piggyback on..

The notion of CCN would make access to content better by caching @ the edges.

Regards
Arjuna

--