[e2e] Internet "architecture"

Jon Crowcroft Jon.Crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Apr 14 12:16:15 PDT 2013

your work on ML and active nets is the ancestor of our work on
verifiable control plane stuff, so i was referring to the broader
stream of less well formulated work in this space

i am disappointed at people being pessimistic about the fruits of
computer science (science, not just engineering) in practice

we;ve made great strides (e.g. in information flow, and symbolic
execution) and people unaware of work on verfying device drivers by
byron cook and others need to get up to speed a bit more ...

cheers!

In missive <E5F633B7-5746-4206-BBA2-3DCE6A3A790A at cis.upenn.edu>, "Jonathan M. S
mith" typed:

 cheers