[e2e] Answer to Dave Reed Re: Fwd: Re: Question the other way round:

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Sun Dec 1 07:57:28 PST 2013

Am 01.12.2013 06:05, schrieb Andrew Mcgregor:
> The actual clearance rate from the queue (or the sojourn time), if that
> matters for your AQM scheme.  That way you are not assuming a known line
> rate.
Clearance rate or sojourn time?

Clearance rate may apply for a packet delivery rate. From a TCP point of
view, the sojourn time is the difference between the arrival of the
according ACK and the time a data packet left the sender.

So you omit any recovery latency.

> On 30 November 2013 00:13, Detlef Bosau <detlef.bosau at web.de> wrote:
>
>>  Am 29.11.2013 00:24, schrieb Andrew Mcgregor:
>>
>> In which case... measure, don't assume.  Served us well for 802.11
>> modulation selection, I don't see why it shouldn't work for AQM.
>>

>> What do you want to measure?

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                           mobile: +49 172 6819937