[e2e] Why was hop by hop flow control eventually abandonded?

Barney Wolff barney at databus.com
Wed Jul 17 08:04:16 PDT 2013

What are we talking about when we say "hop-by-hop" - the classic "don't
send me anything on this link because I've got no buffer to receive it"
or "don't send me anything on this flow because something downstream is
pushing back"?  I thought these days bufferbloat is the problem, not buffer
depletion.  What's an aggregate?