[e2e] Research on game-theoretic protocols for MAC layer in wireless networks

Debarshi Sanyal debarshisanyal at gmail.com
Fri May 31 09:07:54 PDT 2013

Hi,

I joined this group more than a year ago and often find the discussions
quite interesting.

Over the past decade, a lot of work has been done on game-theoretic models
of telecom networks but I haven't heard much on this from this group. I am
particularly interested in game-theory applied to wireless networks. Among
other works, I found the game-theoretic MAC protocols for wireless networks
developed by Lijun Chen at Caltech and Mung Chiang at Princeton (
http://www.princeton.edu/~chiangm/publicationsselect.html) very elegant and
powerful.

It would be nice if people share their opinions on the current state of the
art in game-theoretic models (especially at MAC layer) of wireless networks
and their future prospects in real life. Are the models practical? Are the
algorithms efficient? Will we really have these models embedded in real
networks?

Regards,
Debarshi Kumar Sanyal