[e2e] Research on game-theoretic protocols for MAC layer in wireless networks

Debarshi Sanyal debarshisanyal at gmail.com
Fri May 31 09:17:09 PDT 2013

Just wanted to add that we at Jadavpur University, India worked on coming
up with performance-enhancing utility functions in game-theoretic models of
wireless MAC. In this regard, we had a couple of modest publications:

1. Improved performance with novel utility functions in a game-theoretic
model of medium access control in wireless
networks<http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=4766436>

2. Performance Improvement of Wireless MAC Using Non-Cooperative
Games<http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-90-481-2311-7_18>

3. Recovering a game model from an optimal channel access scheme for
WLANs<http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11235-011-9450-3>

4. A Novel QoS Differentiation Framework for IEEE 802.11 WLANs: A
Game-Theoretic Approach Using an Optimal Channel Access
Scheme<http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?view_op=view_citation&hl=en&user=AevNQmMAAAAJ&citation_for_view=AevNQmMAAAAJ:IjCSPb-OGe4C>

These papers are quite simple but they explore some novel aspects of
wireless MAC using game-theoretic approach.
If any of you are working in this area, I would love to hear from you
whether you find these papers interesting / useful.

Thanks,
Debarshi

--
Regards,