[e2e] Question the other way round:

Richard G. Clegg richard at richardclegg.org
Sun Nov 17 09:08:30 PST 2013

On 17/11/13 13:23, Detlef Bosau wrote:
> The good ol' "Metro Pricing" :-) (Rumour says that the "Metro" in
> Paris introduced higher prices for first class travellers. So, only
> persons who could afford this price travelled first class. A certain
> "entre nous" feeling for the rich. I never checked whether or not this
> is an urban legend.)
It was always a classic example when I studied transport systems.
The idea that some people pay more for "the same" to ensure a relatively
quieter carriage (as fewer people buy that).  Abolished in 1991.

http://www.senat.fr/questions/base/1991/qSEQ910816839.html

--
Richard G. Clegg,
Dept of Elec. Eng.,