[e2e] Question the other way round:

Richard Bennett richard at bennett.com
Wed Nov 20 15:58:07 PST 2013

Before the IP hegemony took hold, corporate and other private networks
used to deal with congested interior links by sending low priority
traffic over less optimal paths that had some excess capacity rather
than by dropping packets. We called this system "dynamic load
balancing". I don't think it's ever been popular with the Internet crowd.

--
Richard Bennett
Visiting Fellow, American Enterprise Institute