[e2e] Answer to Dave Reed Re: Fwd: Re: Question the other way round:

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Tue Nov 26 11:42:58 PST 2013

Am 24.11.2013 04:10, schrieb Richard Bennett:
> Network congestion isn’t, or doesn’t have to be, one enormous global problem that can only be solved one way. It can be viewed as myriad local problems

Period ;-)

To my understanding, congestion is at first a queue overrun.
>  that can be solved in ways that roll up into a coherent algorithm employed in many places at the same time. A big part of the solutions come from classifying flows according to application requirements and willingness to pay for grades of service.

As you know, I would like to talk about the problems why approaches like
this are rarely discussed.

> I’m comfortably predicting that the best solutions will come from the commercial sector rather than the academic/government research sector, just like they have for privacy and security. Government has too many conflicts of interest to be very helpful here.

Or too many people don't want to have approaches like that to be published.

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                           mobile: +49 172 6819937
                                           skype:     detlef.bosau